Sunday, July 26, 2015

I am a Breastfeeding Ilongga!



Trey is a breastfed baby. Albeit for only 10 months, I am still glad he got "liquid gold."
 
As a working/schooling mother during my breastfeeding journey, it didn't stop me from breastfeeding him whenever, wherever. At night, I would pump milk to store in the ref for his consumption while I was away. At work or at school for my post-graduate studies, I pumped milk at lactation stations, inside the car, inside offices, and even inside bathrooms. I would talk to managers if I can store my pumped milk inside their ref and just get it when it's time to go home. Wewin regularly bought me avocados because it made me produce more milk. We would do anything just to get me "pumping." And when I'm in the comforts of our home, Trey would go on latching for hours.
 
It was not easy and how I wished I could have done more. He wasn't even exclusively breastfed and how I wished he was. I didn't have a support group then but how lucky and blessed all of you are because Breastfeeding Ilonggas are here to help you now!

What's your breastfeeding story? Share! Join us at Hakab 2015, August 1, 10AM-12NN, Robinson's Place Iloilo in celebration of World Breastfeeding Week.

- Jorvy, Breastfeeding Ilongga
‪#‎HakabNa2015‬ ‪#‎BFIjoinsHakabNa2015‬

(Photo Credit: Stanley Ong Photography)

- Repost from FB

No comments:

Post a Comment